Updated: May 3
Wanderstock Photography hosted a "Get Off Your A" basic photography class at TechShop DC in Arlington, Virginia. Five participants from DC and Northern Virginia attended the three-hour workshop. Participates came equipped with different brands of cameras; Canon, Nikon, and Pentax. The course covered a wide range of topics introducing new DSLR owners to the capabilities of their camera including:
- Caring for and protecting your camera
- Anatomy of your camera
- Learn the relationship between shutter speed, aperture and ISO
- Introduction to the core shooting modes
- Staging your photos to get the best light
- Artificial light and basic flash use
- Lens hoods, filters and lenses
- Choosing proper settings to get better shots
- Checking shot clarity
- Reviewing the histogram
Other courses are being planned in the Northern Virginia Region.
If you are interested in participating in a future course, send us an email.